Tuesday, April 8, 2008


Cape Tribulation

I headed up to Cape Tribulation for a night. It is the location where "Reef meets Rainforest". On the way up, we did a river cruise on the Daintree River and spotted a couple of wild crocs!!! Scratch that off the list. I'm now just down to Platypus and Wombat to view in the wild! The crocs were of the Salt Water variety, the kind that eat you! One was just a 3 year old baby and another was a massive 80 year old. Another animal that I haven't seen or had never even heard of before was the Cappowarry (google it). It is one of the largest birds in the world, and the most dangerous. The males are very aggressive and there feet can rip your guts apart! Unfortunately, I didn't get to see it.

On Cape Tribulation, I went for a long walk on the beach with a dutch and english girl. It was a gorgeous view. Also went on a couple jungle hikes. Good times. Then made my way to P. Diddy. Also known as Port Douglas, and met up with one of my friends from the NZ tour. Had dinner and drinks with her and friends. Today, it's been quite rainy, so haven't gotten around to much. Checked out the beach quickly, and they had a "pool" there that allowed you to swim in the ocean without fear of a jellyfish killing you.




Enjoying some Sustain Cereal (very similar to Just Right, but with Raisins and Sliced Apples)

No comments: