Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fitzroy Island .......


Forgot to mention in my last blog a funny story. Due to some crazy UK girls in my 8 bed dorm. I was unable to use the toilet the night before I left for Cape Trib (alcohol was involved .... on their part). Anyway, the next morning, I ended up downstairs in the poolside toilet, LOCKED IN!!!! with only 20 minutes to spare before my tour left. That's right, the door handle had broken off and I was trapped. Thank god for the little Japanese boy who saved my life ..... I'm now back at the same place, but decided to spend $2 extra per night for a 6 bed dorm.
Much more space this time + 5 cute European Girls = Happy Jon!

Back to the last couple days. Had a good couple days in Port Douglas. I hung out with a friend, Tara, from my New Zealand trip, and some of her friends. One night, we headed for George the Groper's feeding. It's this 3 metre long fish that they feed every day. He came! But supposedly it was a baby George. The highlight of the time in Port Douglas was finding a random monkey in a bush. Good times. Oh yah, a bird crapped on me as well. That
wasn't cool :(.
Got back to Cairns and headed to a place called Fitzroy Island today. My ticket had the name Johnothon on it!!! Haven't had that one before! My first stop on Fitzroy was Nudey Beach!!! I was the first person doing the walk, so I had to deal with the many spider webs along the way. As I was first there, I figured it was time to let all of the Jon out to the world!!! I wore my birthday suit for a few minutes. Don't you just love that picture in your mind! I then headed up to the summit of the island, again, first one to do it, and dealt with all the spider webs. There were also tons of these little lizards called skinks (i think). I spotted one snake .... Crikey!!!!
At the summit, I had some wicked views and could actually see some of the reefs of the Great Barrier Reef.
Tomorrow is my last day in Cairns. I'm going to do another Reef tour and then I fly back to Perth late at night.
Uploaded some more pics of Cape Trib, P Diddy, and Fitzroy Island .... click here. http://picasaweb.google.com/australialiterally

No comments: