Monday, April 21, 2008

Jonasian's Hong Kong Experience!


It's official. I'm now Asian!!! I headed off from Perth last night on a midnight redeye flight. It was sad to say goodbye to all the friends :*(. But I did get to see a wicked view of the city at NIGHT! Something that I hadn't done in my 15 flights to and from Perth Airport .... I've been flying a lot! To make things even BETTER! No one was sitting next to me, so I had the two corner seats to myself. In the 8 hour flight, I got about 4 to 5 hours sleep. Not too shabby. I tried to watch the movie "Kite Runner", but it was all in subtitles, and that required too much paying attention. THEN, the sound konked out on all the 'Economy' classes headphones. So we had NOTHING!!!! Major crappy. So, didn't see anything. Fingers crossed that I'll be able to watch Nicholas Cage tonight with no disappointments. He's always in such great movies!!! Ghost Rider, Wicker Man, Next ....


Anyway, back to today. So boy was it muggy, and smoggy, and cloudy when I first got here. It looked like everything in Hong Kong was grey. Including me! I took the train into the city from the airport. This train is the GREATEST train I have ever been on. It was pure luxury. Then, I proceeded to just walk around for a long time. Went up to an overlook of the city at Mt Victoria. More Walking, got into Hong Kong Park, more walking, sun attempted to come out. It was weird, I could see shadows, but you couldn't actually see the sun.


I then took a ferry trip for $1.50 Hong Kong, which equates to about 25 cents Canadian (Hong Kong = cheap), to a northen part (Kowloon), and hung out for awhile. Got majorly hassled by a guy who wanted to make a suit for me on the spot. I considered, but the price was more than getting a plane ticket to Thailand and getting it made there. I said "No Way".


I'm in the Hong Kong airport now, waiting for my flight to board. Will hopefully have some photos uploaded and more stories there....... Gotta make sure to get some Duty Free as well. Mmmmm Vodka!


Will also hopefully find a shower .... as I probably did about 15 to 20 kms of walking today. If not, the person next to me won't be too happy. Then it's onto the plane for the 2nd Leg of my Adventures in China !


Richmond.

1 comment:

Bitcoin prepaid atm cards said...

This site is providing you best option, it is super deal, get bitcoin prepaid atm card with secure bitcoin wallet, worldwide express dhl shipping free