Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Circle of Life!

Well I hit up the Perth Zoo yesterday. Turns out that they liked me so much, they gave me 50% off. Or it was a Wednesday special? It was mighty fun. Saw some sweet Lion action, walked by the cheetah pit 4 times until it finally showed up. The kangaroo area was wide open, so you could chase them around. I didn't, as I remember seeing a kangaroo beat up some clown on TV when I was little. The Koala was a bit of a disappointment. It just slept with its back to me. I got to see a DINGO!!! The staff there was great especially in the morning when I was the only one there. They just walked around telling me about the animals. Then the school kids showed up and it was pure MAYHEM. Then the monsoonal rains hit. I tried waiting the rain out at the Lion Pen for an hour. It brought back memories of Mufasa, and Simba. Kangaroos bounce. The rain never went away, at least not til late at night. It felt like the November rains we get in BC. Didn't I move to Australia to get away from that. Pics of Zoo below:
Today was much better. Sun was out, but it was still a bit chilly (16 C). Spent a little time on the train. Still on the job hunt. One recruiter asked me if I'd been to any other recruitment agents. I said "Command Recruitment". Letter by letter, he slowly wrote C-O-M-A-N-D-E , looked at for a minute, and then crossed off the E. "That's great Jono! I'm going to find you a job Jono" ..... "Can you please stop calling me Jono?" .... hahaha, i don't have much faith in him. Also sounds like I didn't get the sweet suite at Amy's building. I guess they didn't trust the sketchy overseas visitor who has no job. I wonder why? The search continues.


Lazy Lion

Sleepy Dingo
Wet Lion
Bouncy Kangaroos
Lazy Koala

Wet Rhinos

Shy Orangutan

No comments: