Monday, August 20, 2007

Made it to Perth ... It's Winter here

So I’ve made it to Perth ok. Survived the intense Immigration/Quarantine that you have to go through. During my flight I had a chicken sandwich in my backpack. Long story short, I was the only one the Sniffing Dog came after. Yikes!!! Fortunately I wasn’t sent back to Hong kong.

Everything here is backwards …. Cars driving on the left side of the road (have had a few close calls crossing the street …. Look Right first), to turn a light switch on you have to press down and vice versa. This is still blowing my mind. It’s also winter here, and kinda cold. I've actually had to wear pants.... although I'm still sticking with sandals. On my first day, I headed down to the beach and jumped (slowly tiptoed) into the Indian Ocean. The water was about as warm as it gets in BC during the summer.


Heading into the Indian Ocean at Cottesloe Beach


Brrrrr

No comments: