Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Kangaroo in Kalbarri!!!


Well after travelling 500+km north of perth, the only kangaroos I saw were lying quietly on the side of the road. My list of truly Australian Animals seen were: horse, cow, goat, sheep ..... but no kangaroo. Then a golden light in the bush. What looked like just a red rock moving, was actually a kangaroo!!! Do rocks move?
Anyhow, Kalbarri was a nice little town, with some amazing cliffs. Unfortunately the winds and weather did not allow much snorkelling. However, there was the daily Pelican feeding at 8:45am. Being one of the "Overseas" visitors, I got to throw a fish at the pelican. Unfortunately, it made my hand smell like fish for the rest of the day. Amy and I headed into the National Park and did an 8km through a nice Outback Gorge. The only major issues that came up is when we had to battle a tour bus full of people for pictures. Damn tour buses.

After all the hard work hiking, Amy and I stopped off for Chinese Mexican food...... mmmm. Fortune Beans. Fortunately for us, the restaurant was closed on Sundays.

Finally, we headed back South to a town called Cervantes, which is located near The Pinnacles. It's an eerie desert of limestone structures sticking out everywhere. It's kinda creepy. I've got most of my pics up on my picture site. http://picasaweb.google.com/australialiterally

No comments: