Saturday, November 3, 2007

Meekatharra Revisited


Day 2
After Day 1's Disaster of missing the flight, I made sure I was on time for today's flight. In fact, I showed up 2 hours early. It was an exciting day of sitting. Then crawled (actually crawled) onto a very small plane, crawled off due to mechanical failure (thanks for noticing that before we took off) then crawled onto another plane. Little plans + turbulence = not a fun flight.

Not much exciting during the day, no hit emus or kangaroos. However, at the end of the day I met a Joey. A girl who owns the hotel i'm staying at is caring for a baby kangaroo that is 8 months old. Her name is Penny. So cute. I want one for myself. Don't worry Mom, I washed my hands before I ate!!!
Other big highlight was my coworker talking about his big "Pool" game. He proceeded to lose to one of the girls who works at the bar. Then, even worse, he loses to me!!!! and I had been drinking!!! I can't remember the last time I beat someone at pool. Must have been my lucky day!
Day 3
Happy Halloween!!! I kept hearing that no one in Australia celebrates Halloween. So why am I going to a Halloween Party at the hotel??? I'm going as Sheriff Jon. It was fun times. There were stripper cops, fallen angels, outback blokes (they weren't trying very hard), and a few guys did the old wrap yourself in toilet paper, and pretend to be a mummy. They didn't realize they weren't supposed to wear used toilet paper.
Another pool matchup .... surprise surprise I WON AGAIN. I was hitting shots that were unheard of. So unheard of, that I wasn't even attempting then.
Day 4
Another boring day of just work. I met a CDN girl working at the grocery store. Why she chose to live in Meekatharra .... I have no idea???
My streak of pool wins came to a sudden end. However, on a positive note, my nickname the local Meeka girls have called me has changed from "cute canadian geo" to "hot canadian geo".... I'll take that :)
Day 5
Home time! By this day, my body has just been ravaged by the meat, the heat, and just meeka in general. I cannot wait for the flight to get home. Back to Perth, and off to Freo Prison for the tour.
Some photos click here

No comments: