Friday, November 30, 2007

You say Xavier, I say EX-avier


Fresh off the election of his father Krudd (Kevin Rudd) as Prime Minister of Australia. Xavier Rudd (Xrudd) performed a concert in Fremantle last night. The place was jam packed with people .... and the marijuana was floating around. I think I got completely stoned and didn't even touch the stuff... just like Ross Rebagliatti .... it was either that, or I was just really hungry and sleepy .... The highlight was watching the security guards drag the offenders out of the crowds. I'd never heard of Xrudd, but he's really big here, and supposedly in Canada as well. He's a really good vocalist, and performed about 5 or 6 instruments. I struggle to just play one .... the ukulele. He was really anti John Howard, which is pretty obvious with the last name Rudd.

Other interesting facts about Xrudd: He doesn't wear shoes .... ever ! ..... ewwwww, I don't think i want to see the bottoms of his feet. He grew up in Torquay (tor-kay), Victoria. This fact alone makes me his new #1 fan as I went to Torquay Elementary School in a different kind of Victoria!!!!

A quiet Friday night here full of laundry and cleaning .... my sister Laura, and her husband JP are arriving to Perth for a one month tour of Australia on Sunday. I am looking forward to seeing family again. They will spend a week here, before heading to other parts of the country. I will then meet them in Sydney for Christmas and New Years.

No comments: