Saturday, December 1, 2007

Advent Calendar & The Castle Fiascos

Well Happy December 1st. Officially the First day of Summer!!! They do their "seasons" a bit different down here. Summer felt more like winter today. It only got to about 22 C, and it rained for a couple minutes in the morning. Brrrr..... but that still didn't stop me from heading to the beach where I used my body board for the first time. Thankfully! as the surf was extraordinary today and I would have been swept away.

To celebrate the Christmas season (Still doesn't feel right having Christmas in Summer), I decided to purchase an Advent Calendar. I took it home, and peeled open #1.


There I found, no chocolate, but a circular candy cane-like candy. Wtf?? I open #2, same thing. Where's the chocolate.


I then rip open the whole thing, and these circular candies are all the SAME. The only difference is they changed the colours in each of the rows. Where's the chocolate clovers, and bells, and snowflakes, and chimneys, and reindeer, and snowman, and sled and Santa (on the 24th of course) ..... Maybe they think the chocolate will melt in the heat?


Needless to say, the Advent calendar didn't last too long .......


This evening, I attempted to watch an Australian classic by the name, The Castle. I remember a friend of mine telling me about this movie when i was 15. He kept going on and on and on about how funny it was "Tell him he's Dreaming". I have always searched for it back home, but never came across it. Now it is mine!!! I purchased it yesterday. Time to open it up and start watching the hilarity.


Hmmmm, what's that funny red thing on the side ..... never seen that before.

Oh, no worries, it's just a fancy Australian DVD locking instrument that prevents you from opening the DVD. Great!!!! Time to bring out the knife!

Scratches build character and tell stories.


Good as new!!! Here's the crazy red thing. It's actually very large, and blocks the "Push In" part of the case that releases the CD. More jimmying to get that out. The DVD took a couple blows from the knife, but was still in working order.

Because I cut up the case, I found a rather interesting discovery on the back of the cover. It was a Certificate of Registration and Pedigree for dogs...... Well you know how much paper costs these days.... they gotta recycle
That's all for today .... another cold day tomorrow. It's only supposed to be 23 Celsius .... :*(


By the way, I didn't actually watch The Castle as it took too long to get the case open, but will comment on the movie when I do!

No comments: