Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Relationship Issues

I don't think I've mentioned this to too many people, but tomorrow is my last day of work. I have enjoyed my time at work, and the adventures that Meekatharra has to offer. However, my career has strained my current relationship: The Beach. When it's a beautiful sunny day, I'm in the air-conditioned office. When Perth finally gets a heat wave and temperatures reach 39 C, I'm in Meekatharra where everyday is always 39C. When I do make time for The Beach, she is very moody. On weekends, she is cold, and just last weekend started crying (raining). When I race towards her after work, she just blows me back with a constant sea breeze (Fremantle Doctor); my price for spending more time in the office than with her.

I feel that by quitting work, I can spend more time laying on her, and just enjoying the many things she has to bring: the warm white sand, the crystal clear waters, the occasional big waves, the snorkelling. It's going to be a challenge. But I'm up for the task.

Tomorrow is also the Xmas party .... there has been talk of people having "Big Nights"... we'll see.

Laura & JP update: I haven't heard from them for awhile, but that probably is a good thing. I would venture a guess and say that they are around Melbourne right now. I will meet up with them in 5 days in Sydney!

No comments: