Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Very Merry Webcam Christmas

Since I'm living far far away from home, my family and I set up a Very Merry Webcam Christmas session. There were some early video issues for both sides, but eventually we got things working correctly .... then the presents began!


Grandpa was up first, and snagged a Tea Towel!
He then did the logical thing, and placed the tea towel around his head like a turban.
This was an emotional moment, and he tried to hide the tears.

Valentina is next and gets the Aussie Soccer jersey. This was the most difficult present to get as I had to debate long and hard on the size of the Boys jersey to get her. I think I tried all sizes S to XL at the store, and probably ruined to Small and Medium.
Matt is next, and surprise surprise, he gets the exact same jersey as Valentina. They are now twins. On a side note, they said they were in Futureshop and saw my twin "Bizarro Jon". Sounds like a handsome guy.
The jersey fits well..... notice that Gramps still has the turban on.....
Dad has a go ......
Hey Alright, it's "Billy Bush and the Kangaroos" ... Gramps and Dad score with that one!!! (it was actually Bill Bryson's stories about Australia... but Billy Bush sounds better)

What's Donnie doing??? I love Gramps' face on this one "Oh my god"
Oh, he put on his Perth Shirt .... next up Ma!
She comes out with the Soul of Billy Bush ..... no wait, Soul of King's Park. I also made her a calendar with some of my Perth photos. "Looks like the 2008 Quebec Calendar will find a new home in the trash"
We starting having issues where I only saw a new image every 20 seconds .... Matt kept just vanishing and re-appearing (The Hawks were on Tv). Dad (minus the moustache) gets the concerned face on and solves the problem.
Next up .... Me!!!! A gift from Santa Gramps.

Hey, a cheque from Grandpa. .... score!
Now the celebration begins, Dad starts off with his patented Shuffle Step.
"Tag your Man, Tag Your Man" .... Gramps steps up and pulls out the Chicken Dance.
"Head to Head, Head to Head" .... it then becomes a full fledge Dance Party (a Boyd Xmas Tradition)
I think it looks like Matt is holding the belt and pointing .... YMCA anyone?

Still going .... 3 - 6- Oh .... 3 -6 - oh
After the dance Party, Mom decided to show that she's playing Gameboy again.... 17 years old and it's still going strong with Tetris
Valentina pointing out Matty's moustache
Valentina peaks in on the situation ... Gramps, Matt and Mom are loving it. Dad is daydreaming about birds outside "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention."
Gramps, the showboat as always. He tried getting a bow on his head, but it wasn't working, so mom placed some tinsel up there.... What did the bald man say to his friend for giving him a comb? "I'll never have to part with it!"

That was a Very Merry Webcam Christmas!!!!
I am heading to Sydney tomorrow to meet Laura and JP, they've gone through Melbourne, and were in a place called Boydtown..... Awesome.
Teaser: There may be a Xmas movie in the works.
Ps: Jonny Toews kicks butt. He just scored the 4-3 OT winner in Ottawa. Wahoo

No comments: