Sunday, December 16, 2007

Jonnymoon SW - Day5 - Busselton Jetty

The final blog from Laura and JP's Western Australia tour. Not a lot to say here. This was Sunday. It was spectacularly beautiful. We headed to Busselton to see the 2km long jetty. The longest wooden jetty in the southern hemisphere (depending on your source).

The walk is actually very long, and very windy. There are trains that go back and forth along the jetty, but were closed due to renovations.


I took a couple hours out of my schedule to carve my name into the cement!



The end of the Jetty doesn't look the most structurally sound, so we decided not to go right to the end. Probably a wise choice.
After the joy of busselton we stopped in at McDonalds where Laura and JP had some drip coffee. The service was perfect. I had my food in less than a minute, a mcflurry with about 2 full packs of m&ms (not smarties), that were full sized. Laura and JP spent about 20 minutes waiting for their food. I think Laura may have gotten a couple of them fired! It was then back to Perth where we went for a dip at Cottesloe Beach.

Laura and JP are now touring down in South Australia

No comments: