Sunday, January 6, 2008

La Fete des Rois

Jonathan as the king.
Today, we played a french game entitled "La Fete Des Rois" (The King's Party) with our friends from Montreal. It has something to do with the wisemen reaching Jesus on this day. January 6th will still always be Julie Chen's Birthday to me..... The premise of the game is: you bake a cake, you stick something in the cake (little polar bear figurine), the person who finds the polar bear becomes king for the day. Everyone else must serve that person. Surprise, surprise, but the person who baked the cake, Jonathan (not me, another one) ended up finding the prize. It was probably for the best, as he was the most experienced game member, and didn't take his powers overboard like others may have.

After the cake, we headed to across the bridge to North Fremantle to hit the ocean. As per usual, the afternoon was extremely windy, and sand gets EVERYWHERE!

Marie-Claude with the sunscreen beard.

Matt and Tom head for the waves

It was a fun day in the water. The 5 of us were mainly body surfing to the occasional big wave that came up. Nothing too dangerous. Then, one really big wave rolled through, I went to ride it, and it ended up flipping me over and driving me headfirst into the seafloor. The momentum of the wave continued til I had a complete flip. I got up to a sore head, and a sorer neck. I found out from my friends that I'd cut myself as well, and didn't see the damage until after I had biked home. Quite a few hairs have just disappeared off the upper forehead!

Not happy

Ewwwwww

No comments: