Saturday, February 16, 2008

Brissy Bound

I took Mom and Dad to the airport early this morning (Saturday) and have gotten word from them that they have arrived ok in Brisbane! They are planning to get to Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo tomorrow, then to Fraser Island for several days after that.

For their final day in Perth yesterday, we started out with the usual trip to the beach. Cottesloe in the morning. The weather was not the best. Only about 30 C and cloudy. Also a bit wavey. After that we headed to the CBD (downtown) of Perth to have lunch. It gave Mom and Dad a chance to see that people actually do go to the city as the two previous trips through have been completely deserted (Thursday @ 6:30PM and Saturday at 8:15AM).

After that, we went home and then back to City Beach. We hung out for several hours there, and finally the sun came out and Dad and I went in to some crashing waves. I came down with a bad case of Salt-Water-In-Nose Syndrome. This only happens during the stormy days. But when you lie down to go to bed, I guess the water shifts, and just starts pouring out. It's quite hilarious, and very annoying.

That puts a wrap to the Mom and Dad adventures in Perth. I'll put some links up when I get more photos up on the web.

The English Court in Perth
Catching some air on my board
Dad and I in the big waves.

No comments: