Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hockey and Glenelg

I got to watch my first hockey game (non-webcam feed from Victoria) in Australia. It was Buffalo vs Philly. I watched the first 2 periods at the Woolrych's and then OT and the Shootout outside some sports bar that I happened to walk by. Peter Forsberg signed with the Avalanche .... I now HATE those stinking Avalanche. Trade Deadline is just a few hours away. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow. (Early start for my great Ocean Road tour. Have to be there at 6:15am .... EEEEK!)

The rest of today was spent Tramming it down to Glenelg beach to catch some rays, waves, and babes! Didn't really do a very good job at any of those; however, it was nice to see with beach with the sun shining, and people swimming. The sand was still littered with sea weed ..... but that's the way Cottesloe was when I first arrived for the first few months. The highlight on the trip back was a person (probably disabled) yelling at the conductor to get the tram moving "goddamit". "next stop please ... next stop please". We all had a good laugh. The tram has to stop for red lights so it takes about 30 minutes to go from city to beach.

Ok.... time for bed. What superstar will be a Chicago Blackhawk tomorrow????

More pics added to Adelaide folder and some more added yesterday for Barossa Valley

Likely won't hav internet for the next few days.....

Danny Briere skating in for the winning goal
The pier at Glenelg Beach
South Glenelg and Brighton Beach
Methinks this pig has the greatest name ever!!!!! HORATIO!

No comments: