Wednesday, March 5, 2008

What a Relief .... to see Relief!


I'm HOME!!!!

Or at least it feels that way. It was quite exhilirating to see real mountains from the plane. It has been a while! Christchurch is very much like Victoria. It's got about the same population, the same English charm in the downtown, the smell of flowers everywhere ... AND .... IT's POURING RAIN!! The temperature was around 18 this afternoon. In Australia, I'd be freezing, but for some reason it's quite comfortable here. Another thing I noticed was the intensity of the sun (it was out when I first arrived) was nowhere near that of Ozland.

I went for a bit of a stroll around the block in the hour or so I had before it rained. It's not a long walk anywhere. I ended up in the Botanic Gardens and they had an Excellent display of Dahlias!!! G-man would be in Heaven!!!

The backpackers I'm staying at has wireless internet at $15 / day. Are you freaking kidding me!!!! That's $450 / month. I could understand $5/day but that is a little steep if you ask me. I then remembered what Matt Finn had told me when he first moved to Perth. "If you want free internet, go to the Library". So I crossed the street, literally! Just a 2 minue walk, and into the library, and voila, FREE INTERNET! I'm Liking Christchurch Already. Hopefully this library strategy will work throughout the trip.

For those of you trying to figure out what time it is here (Dad) ... I am 21 hours ahead of you. Or you can just add a Day, and subract three. Right now it is 7:45PM on Wednesday for me, and 10:45PM on Tuesday for you! .... Go get me started when Day Light Savings Changes though ...

No comments: