Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekend in the Sun(Rain,&Cloud)Shine Coast

On Day 1, the Sunshine Coast, was the Rainy Coast, Day 2 it was the Cloudy Coast, and on Day 3 it was the SUNSHINE COAST!!!! Wahoo.

I stayed at a friend's (Sarah) place on residence at the University of the Sunshine Coast. It was a nice set up there. She's got access to two pools, a gym, a beach volleyball court, and tennis and basketball courts. The Friday night wasn't the greatest. It just rained and rained, and I ended up watching a chick flick with 7 Canadian Girls. I did go to Australia Zoo .... didn't go in, but I bussed into the parking lot.

On Saturday we headed to Mooloolaba (try saying that one) Beach for a day of fun in the cloud. Went for a quick dip in the water. It was very busy there as they had a Tri event going on. The best part of the day was Hacky Sack Yoga man. By far the most unbelievable Hacky Sacker I've ever seen. He was doing tricks that were unimaginable, then he would balance the ball on his foot and do crazy yoga moves. Unreal! The cloudy was not all bad.... it resulted in one the best sunsets I've seen in Aussieland. And, since the University is loaded with kangaroos, I was able to get my dream (Kangaroo Sunset) Photo. Although it's not bouncing, I still like it!

The Sunday was great. Sarah and I just hung out at the pool and read. The sun was shining. Then some German guys asked if I'd join in for some Beach Volleyball. Are you kidding me??? Of Course!!!! Lots of fun, until a Super-German came in. I like playing against Super players cause it forces you to play well, but when you play with one, all he wants is to smash the ball the whole time. Not a team player. Then had to say goodbye to the life of a student and head back to Brisbane, ready for the trip to Fraser Island tomorrow!

The pool with the beach volleyball court in the back ....
Uploaded photos to my photosite.

No comments: