Saturday, March 1, 2008

Mel-boring

Well not quite .... it's very interesting in Melbourne. My first night at the backpackers in St Kilda was very interesting. Hahahaha, I just think back and laugh.

Anyway. Spent the day hiking around the city and parks with the last person I still see from my Adelaide to Melbourne tour. The guy's name is Claude and he's a 40 something guy from Switzerland. Not too much exciting, saw the Australian Open stadium, the Melbourne Cricket Grounds (unfortunately we missed a cricket match last night and footy match at Telstra dome as well. "d'oh".) Also checked out the Botanical Gardens, and walked through the city. Melbourne is very artsy fartsy. Everywhere you look there is a unique statue or building. It's quite nice.

Tonight I saw sunset at the beach at St. Kilda, came back for a few beers, and may go back down to the backpacker pub for a few more. There is a toga party, so the girls are looking very nice.

I'll start updating photos on a Melbourne Page.....haven't done much yet though

No comments: