Saturday, March 15, 2008

South Island Almost Complete 2

I wrote this 2 days ago .... now in Wellington. will try to do an update on today later, but this wouldn't post 2 days ago, so will post now.....

More Day 5

So I lied. I didn’t go luging after all. We made it to the start of the gondola, but came across a sign that read “You can’t leave the town without making a stop at the city”. It was such a good slogan …. And it was the slogan for a mini golf place that we just had to go check it out. It turns out that it was the most creative and amazing minigolf that I’ve ever seen. So much detail, so many options. A ski hill, a roller coaster, and a candy factory were just a few of the main highlights that we saw. The funny thing about it was that it required no skill at all as you just hammered the ball into a hole and then the ball would go in one of 3 tubes, and then you’d end up in bizarre places….

We got back to the lodge a little lateish. Just after 8 and went to order our pizzas (it was a special pizza night for contiki people), but they were out of pizza???? How do you run out of pizza? All you need is dough, tomato sauce and cheese.

Day 6

Oh geez, Back to the driving. Let’s see, we head off at 7:30, and drive for 2 hours, stop for 30 minutes. Drive for 3 more hours. Stop for 5 minutes, Drive for 2 more hours until we reach Fox Glacier. I decided to do a Heli-hike. We were helicoptered up the glacier in stunning fashion. The pilot was banking very hard to the left, then very hard to the right, and then headed straight for a cliff before lifting at the last second it was quite exhilarating. I had some pretty good spills, and the song "I keep bleeding, keep keep bleeding" became my song for the glacier hike.

Day 7

Just driving from Franz Josef to Christchurch. Very boring day. The tour manager was in a hissy mood. He wouldn't play any dvd's for us. It's his last day. New one for the north island tomorrow.

For the last 4 days I haven’t been feeling the best. Most noticeable is that I have lost my voice. I kinda sound like Super Dave when I talk. Also have quite the cough and cold. I never suffered any kind of cold in my 7 months in Australia, what’s the deal?

No comments: