Friday, September 21, 2007

The 3 Saga Continues...



Fingers are crossed. I hope the '3' Internet issues are over. I decided to actually "CAT" it down to the city at lunch break and hand my bank statement over personally to the girl there. I was trying to get a pick of her, but she saw me as I was standing outside and screamed "YOU!". Busted! Here I am with a camera pointing at her, pretending like I do it all the time. I chickened out and didn't take any shots of her. Oh well. Then off on the CAT (Central Area Transit) back to west Perth. All buses inside the city limits are free! That means they are PACKED! and have a rather BO smell to them. It felt like there were 200 people on it.

Major issues with TransPerth are arrising. I have a "SmartRider" card that lets me swipe on, and then swipe off and then charges me for how far I've gone. Well if you forget to swipe off, it automatically charges you the max (~$5). For some reason, my card is acting up, and sometimes won't let me swipe on, or swipe off, it's very frustrating. I've actually had to seek out the Transit "Police", and they give me obscure reasons for it not working. "It's cause you are using it during Peak hours". I have a feeling I'm going to have a major issue in the next couple weeks.

Amy and I headed to Freo this evening to see "Hairspray". Actually, our intention was to see "Superbad"; however, we soon realized that we were watching the wrong movie!!! Amy was set to just stay and play it out, but I wanted the get the heck out of there. It would have been ok, if Amy hadn't gotten up while I was walking by her. She tripped me, then started running up the aisles. Embarrassed, I too had to run up the aisle. Fortunately, we found the correct theatre (the one with no one over the age of 30 .... originally we couldn't believe how many gray hairs there were to see Superbad). Despite now being 20 minutes late, the promos were still going on (they are about 30 minutes here), so nothing was lost. Good times.

Experiencing Sunset while waiting for the train


No comments: