Saturday, September 15, 2007

Just that easy


Well I had an exciting Friday night. Amy and Matt were planning to head to Circue du Soleil, so I met up with them for Dinner at an Indian restaurant. We ended up sitting beside a couple, and they were from France and Argentina. Surprise surprise, they were also geologists. We had a good laugh, and joked about it the whole night. As we ate, a guy comes up "I couldn't help but overhear the word "geologist"... my company is looking for qualified geologists", as he hands us his card. Rizwan Syed (rsy@activeselection.com.au). It's just that easy to find work here, you get recruited at the dinner table. I don't think the guy's girlfriend was too happy with him. You can imagine the second he heard what we were talking about, he just ignored her and listened to us.
I found this amazing Outlet Mall near my work. It's just your average mall, but everything is cheap. I can't believe it, it's amazing!!! I don't think I'm going to shop anywhere else... ever. Gotta love the Outlet malls. Are these things legal?

In Footie news, the West Coast Eagles (Perth based team) lost in Overtime to Collingwood (Melbourne team). I watched the last 10 minutes and Overtime, it was very exciting. I'm still trying to figure out Aussie Rules Football, but it's growing on me.

No comments: