Sunday, September 16, 2007

Jacques

Me and Jacque flashing the "W" for West Coast...... that's what they do here ..... literally!

Well, I headed out for about 2 hours on the bike today. The pedal has remained on.... for now. With incident #1 now behind me, I decided it was time to officially name my bike. I decided to name him after the previous owner ... Jacques. However there is one condition. I can only speak French to him "Por Favor". I'm loving Jacques. I can't believe how fast you can get around on a road bike with such little effort. I'm not sure why I was always wasting away on a mountain bike. What a waste.

While heading off for a bike ride earlier in the day, I came across a mobile phone (that's what they call cell phones) up near the curb in the street. I picked it up went through the address book, and snooped around for a bit. Found out the owners name was Max. Then figured the best person to call was "Linda - Mum". She was very happy to get a call from her "son". He had lost the phone a couple days ago when he headed off for a trip. Their home was exactly where I found the phone. It was lucky that batteries weren't dead yet.

The only guy who could get on his board

I biked down to Cott Beach in the afternoon and spent a lazy couple hours there. Took some photos of surfers. After looking through the photos, it seems like there is one guy who just keeps repeating. There were about 30 surfers out there, but I guess only the good ones actually get up on their boards.

I headed back in the evening to catch another sunset. Life is tough.

No comments: