Wednesday, September 12, 2007

First Day of Work

Well I made it through the first day of work. The great thing about the first day of work is that you know it's the one day you can get away with anything. 2 hours late? I got lost, it's my first day. 3 hour lunch? We only get an hour, oh sorry, it's my first day. Physical abuse? You can't strike co-workers... well it's my first day.

The highlight of my first day was being taken shopping .... for more shoes!!!! I think I now have more shoes in Perth than I ever did in Victoria. These were steel-toed hiking boots. Also, got 2 new khaki shirts, 2 new khaki pants, a pair of sunglasses, and a new hat (not as cool as my other aussie hat, but this was has a draw string so it won't get blown off my head .... so cool). When I was all dressed up in Khaki, I thought, "Wow, does this look bad or what?". Well it's better than wearing All Black in the middle of 40 degree weather.

Tonight I learned the joys of Perth's shopping hours. I went to the local (train ride away) grocery store and it turns out it closes at 6:00PM. It was 6:05. That's 6 hours earlier than Safeways stores close. Not very good customer service Coles Grocery. They made me short on food, so I was forced to eat at Hungry Jack's (the equivalent of Burger King). Now I'm feeling light headed and my total health is in question....

Amy did a little ASI (Apartment Scene Investigation) work and found out why I didn't get the apartment on the beach at her complex. Turns out, some guy just gave them 1-year rent on the spot, and was ready to offer 2 years. If it wasn't for him I "had it in the bag"....

I've been unsuccessful in adding videos to the blog, so I uploaded it to youtube. This is a still-frame video of the sunset on Monday night at Cottesloe beach. It was taken over 30 minutes. I added some action to it, and used William Hung's Circle of Life as inspiration! Enjoy, click here.


No comments: