Friday, September 28, 2007

MAJOR injury

Today I had my first major injury since coming to Australia. And no it's not my leg that got hurt, that's just where most of the BLOOD ended up! It all happened because I decided to go for a run to check out the carnival (more on that later ... the "PNE-like" event opens tomorrow and I can see some of the rides from my kitchen!!!). Ok, what was I talking about? Oh yah, the PNE... I didn't get a chance to go this year because I wasn't in Vancouver, but hopefully this Perth "Royal Show" will make up for it. I'm really excited, to allow for all the extra passengers on my train line, they are going to CLOSE my "home" station. Isn't that Great!!! Now I'll get more exercise by walking even further to the train!

Ok, so I was running, it was dark, I was having that awkward moment where you aren't sure if you should keep your hands high and close to the chest, or swing them low, or somewhere inbetween, so as I ran I reached out to grab a piece of long grass. [Running and grabbing things like branches, poles, fences can be pure excitement]. Let's just say Perth-grass is much more sturdier than BC grass. The grass did not budge, so my hand pull up along it to produce one major paper-cut-like "Grass-Cut". I started feeling woozy, and light headed. The blood was pouring out. The sounds from the carnival had me confused and disoriented. But I made it home ok, and now have the band-aid and polysporin on the old wound.


No comments: