Saturday, September 15, 2007

Bills, Bills, Bills

In follow up to my coins blog, I've decided to have a quick look at Australian Bills. Nothing too exciting here. Lots of colours. Interestingly, the physical size of the bill increases as the monetary value increases. (helpful for blind people).

My major issue with the bills is the colour of the $5 and the $10. They are opposite to Canada. When I think I have a $10, it's only a $5, and vice versa. It's lead to some awkward moments where I had over only $5 for a $10 item. Woops!

*edit* - Well, after discussing with some friends, there are some more interesting things to Australian money. You cannot rip the bills!!!! I tried.... and it's true... If you use scissors, then yes, the bills do rip. The bills are also waterproof. A little teflon layer. Just like my Dockers Stain-Defenders
Also, just survived my BICYCLE INCIDENT #1. A pedal fell off on my home from the beach. I enjoyed a nice, peaceful ride only use my left leg. So much fun. Got the pedal back on. Hopefully it stays on .... my guess .... no, it won't

No comments: