Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Special Holly and Mark Tribute

Well it's been a couple weeks since I moved to the new digs, but due to travel schedules, I hadn't actually seen Mark & Holly for even longer than that. Anyhow, I just wanted to send out the big thanks to both of them for helping me out for the first 3 weeks. I was very lucky to have such good friends who opened up their home to me and helped get me on my feet. For those who don't know, I met Holly last summer working at BC Hydro. Her and Mark were doing a one year work exchange in Vancouver (similar to me, but opposite).

As a thank-you to them, I brought a couple Vancouver Canucks jerseys. Mark got pretty keen into hockey when he was in Van, and actually probably knows more than me... One of the most difficult things was leaving hockey behind. I hope I will be able to survive without it.

Ps. I know that the Canucks have changed their jerseys, but they didn't change them until I was already in Australia. I found this funny comic strip while doing a little surfing around the other day. Worth a good laugh to those who weren't too happy with the changes. Enjoy!

No comments: