Sunday, October 7, 2007

Aussie Thanksgiving

HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone in Canada!

I spent the morning having Thanksgiving dinner with my family.... well they had dinner, I had a bowl of cereal. Webcams are fun and you can do some neat things with them (like watching the Canucks season opener). However, webcams at the dinner table aren't the best idea. My family "seated" me up on a ladder so I could overlook them eating. You can only enjoy watching people eat for so long! Can you say Awkward?

On to today's main event. Amy organized an Australian Thanksgiving at her place with around 20 people. Most were Canadian. Pics here. It was a BIG success, with turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, pumpkin pie, goon bags, etc etc etc. The Centrepiece that Amy made was spectacular, and creative genious!!!! Something tells me I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night and have visions of this thing peering over my bed.
We had the main meal outside until it started to rain. Nonetheless it was heaps of fun, and a great event. Well done Amy!

Only time will tell what the next big CDN event will be. Likely Halloween!!!!
I have a great week ahead at work. Conference on Monday, First Aid on Wed/Thurs, and then 4WD course on Friday. Only 1 day at the office!

2 comments:

Gary said...

Hey Jon, those webcam screenshots are priceless! Sounds like you're having a blast down in Aussie land. TTYL.

J-ATHAN said...

Thanks GDog. Your site was an inspiration for me! Congrats on the Engagement!