Friday, October 12, 2007

POETS Day


Piss Off Everyone Tomorrow's Saturday!!!

One of the many useful things I learned at the 4WD course today. It was 7 hours of driving fun! It was a bit intimidating when the instructor hands you the keys at 8am and tells you "let's get going". After the initial panic [I'd yet to drive in the city], I calmed down and hit the road. Everything goes fine .... until I enter the traffic circles of death .... especially the multiple lane
traffic circles... when do I signal? before, during, after? But no worries, spent the rest of the day driving through sand, rocks, hills etc etc. My one weakness was always drifting over to the left part of the lane.

Also got to practice the Anti Lock Brakes. By practice, I mean driving ~80km/hr on a gravel road, slamming the foot on the break [to the point where you actually come off the seat], and then also try to lightly turn the car.

I had two great cabbies today. Steve from Wales, and Abdul from Pakiston. Immigrants... Just like me. Overall, it was a great day to spend at work .... but now my back hurts.


Exhaust Jack - you lift up the car using air from the exhaust pipe

No comments: