Monday, October 22, 2007

Golfing in Perth

Yup, that's a stick for a pin .... had never seen that before


I hit up a church garage sale on Saturday, and picked some cheap golf clubs. Cheap being 5 clubs for $15 bucks. One of them happened to be a very nice Cleveland wedge, that because it looked rusty, was offered at a shockingly low price of $3. Some of the clubs looked as old as my grandpa's. They had wooden shafts. Let's just say, they weren't big sellers.

I then biked to my local golf club. Biking with golf clubs is not easy on a road bike. The course was in awful condition. The greens were as harry as. There was one hole where the pin was actually just a stick. But it was fun to hit the links. The highlight of the day was holing out a shot from 50 yards. The low light, was realizing that absolutely no one else witnessed it, and it's very awkward High-5ing yourself. Photos click here.

I'm taking the day off work tomorrow and am going to bike north along the coast to Hillarys to visit AQWA (the aquarium of western australia). It should be a fun trip. I just hope that Jacques can make [Jacques is the name of my bike].

No comments: