Saturday, October 13, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like summer

Another lazy Saturday spent at the beach with friends. The temperature got up to 29 C today, although it seemed a bit cooler at the beach with the breeze. I decided to jump in fully for the first time. The water is still a bit chilly, but once you are in it is amazing. It's hard to come out! But then the Shark Patrol flies overhead and you remember about all the hidden dangers. Eeek!

The highlight of the day was when I headed off to go to the toilet .... 3 guys just start yelling and cursing at me, asking where I'm from. I thought it was due to my blinding white skin. But nope, it was due to the NZ Rugby shirt I had on. Turned out they were Kiwis, and were very ashamed of the team. When they found out I was from BC, a beer was in my hand (one of them spent 6 months at whistler). Then I joined in some rugby tossing and watched as one of them made a pass at every girl on the beach. It was fun times. I'll keep you updated if I run into them again!

I don't see any sharks ..... Shark Patrol must be doing their job

No comments: