Sunday, October 14, 2007

Booo Egypt and the Trains

I headed downtown today to go to an Egyptian exhibit at the art gallery with a friend. For the past week my train line has been shut down, so I've had to take the bus, which on Sundays, isn't very frequent. I ended up getting there a little early, and took a few snaps of the city. Later, I observed a hysterical man screaming about Rupert Murdoch and newspapers. It was quite humourus ... thus I pulled out the camera. He proceeded to run around, and then got into a confrontation with an employee at a coffee shop .... of course... photos are below.

The exhibit was pretty good, however, there was a negative cloud cast upon the visit as Eugene the security guard forced me to check my camera / back-pack. It was horrible. Not only can I not drink my water, I can't take any photos. My heart is still bleeding.

Then off to the grocery store in the CBD before hitting the bus. I cut it a little close, but was in line at the grocery store with plenty of time to spare .... that is until the fellow in front me chose not to pay for his $29.95 purchase with a $10 and $20 bill. He decided to use all 20cent and 50cent coins .... 50 ... $1 ... $1.20 ... $1.70. As I was watching this I said to myself "this is going to make me miss the bus by 1 minute" .... then as he hit the $20 .... I thought "maybe I should kill myself by hitting these bananas over my head" ... well I didn't miss the bus by a minute ... make that about 20 seconds. So it was an hour of standing around doing nothing. Thanks to Transperth's shutdown of the train line!!!
On a romantic note, the missing of the bus allowed me to witness, for the second time, this couple as they said goodbye. They look about 75 to 80 years old. The woman is in a wheelchair, and she rolls up on the bus. The old man stands outside the window doing what looks like sign language to her. As the bus drives off, they wave goodbye for the final time. I wonder when I'll see them again!
Justin Timberlake Statue

No comments: